Job Category: Lumber and Building Materials
Job Location: Berkeley
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned. To assist and help customers in the loading of building and other materials onto vehicles. To keep assigned area of places in the lumber yard in a clean, neat and organized fashion. Provide excellent customer service at all times and follow all safety and procedural measures in the yard.
Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities:
The basic Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers in order to help them and with fellow employees to maintain and build a team relationship at all times;
- Must be willing and able to develop a working knowledge of products and their usage;
- Able to get to work on time at assigned starting shifts. Customer rushes can come at any time of the day so everyone here when they’re supposed to be helps relieve the rush;
- Retrieve building materials and products from locations in the yard and sometimes using forklifts to do so;
- Must exercise proper safety measures while operating heavy machinery and equipment.
PLEASE NOTE: This description is only a summary of the basic Duties, Responsibilities, and Competencies necessary to be able to perform this job satisfactorily. If you feel you are a suitable candidate for consideration of employment in this position and would like to apply, please refer to and complete our online application.