Velux is the market leader in the manufacturing of skylights and roof windows and Truitt & White Window & Door Showroom in Berkeley offers an extensive line of VELUX Skylights. A passion for daylight, fresh air, and better living environments: it’s what started the company over 80 years ago, and it’s what drives the company forward today. Available to builders, architects, merchants, and consumers, Velux skylights and roof windows are complemented by a complete range of blinds, electronic accessories, solar panels, and shades.
Daylight and fresh air from skylights enhance every home, new or old. As a sponsor of both the HGTV Urban Oasis® 2020 and the HGTV® Smart Home 2020, VELUX® continues its commitment to beautiful and sustainable home design that promotes a healthy lifestyle through advanced skylight technology.
But do skylights actually improve the health of the occupants of the house? Skylights themselves may not be able to improve your health, but the elements they bring into your home can. When you install skylights in your home, you’re really installing more daylight and fresh air.
VELUX believes in the restorative and transformative powers of natural light. With intentional spacing, your skylights can allow fresh air and daylight to circulate your home in a way that’s beneficial to your health.
Increasing the amount of natural light and fresh air in your home can lead to a number of benefits. Here are 5 steps to a healthier home through the use of skylights and other Velux products, such as sun tunnels and roof windows:
5 Steps to a Healthy Home
- Ensure good sleeping conditions — Good sleeping conditions require comfortable temperatures, 100% darkness, peace and quiet. When implemented, more than 50% feel they have more energy.
- Strive for comfortable temperatures — Comfortable indoor temperatures means a pleasant chill in the summer and a less than warm environment in the winter.
- Let in fresh air — Fresh air is provided by windows and door openings. No airing doubles the risk of feeling tired and apathetic compared to 2-4 airings per day.
- Let in daylight — When daylight levels change from unsatisfactory to satisfactory, the amount of people feeling less energized drop from 37% to 21%.
- Avoid humidity — Avoid excessive humidity to reduce the risk of mold and fungus. Mold and fungus can lead to asthma and respiratory symptoms.
For more information on Velux skylights and other products, go to veluxusa.com.