Job Category: Service & Support
Job Location: Door and Window Showroom
As the receptionist in the Truitt and White Window and Door Showroom you will greet customers, introduce them to our displays, answer basic product questions, answer phones and provide administrative support to the whole showroom. You will also rotate into and provide coverage for the Millwork Order Processing Administrator and Service Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet customers and set them up with a salesperson or brochure depending on their need
- Answer phones and assist customers with needs for a salesperson or information
- Relay basic product information as needed to customers
- Basic clerical requirements such as processing paperwork, placing stock parts orders, organizing brochures and helping salespeople
- Initial intake for service requests. Gathering customer information and problems to pass to the service department
- Communicate with customers their order details, post order procedures and the status of their order
- In Order Processing you will need to provide order double-check, place purchase orders and build sales orders in Bistrack, enter order confirmations, manage/distribute prehung door paperwork
- In Service you will need to respond to incoming service requests, help diagnose problems or identify next steps, order parts and schedule appointments for the service technicians
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Continuous Learning – Applicant must be able / open to learning on the job tasks, procedures, etc. of the Company
Job Knowledge – Working knowledge of product and ability to adapt to different procedures for various tasks
Language Skills – Proficient in English reading, writing and speaking and uses professional business grammar, can communicate in a friendly helpful demeanor, fluent in Spanish is a plus
Cooperation – Must be able to work with others in a team atmosphere and assist employees when needed
Teamwork – Must be able to work with others to get the job done efficiently and safely
Adaptability – Must be willing and open to doing multiple tasks / duties as business needs can change
Personal Appearance – Must exercise appropriate appearance for a working environment
Attendance/Punctuality – Must be on time to work and regular attendance is required
Dependability – Must be able to be dependable on the job
Initiative – Must be able to take on jobs and tasks that need to be done at times under no supervision
Judgement – Must exercise reasonable and sound judgment
Safety and Security – Must observe all safety practices and procedures
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Operate and have basic computer knowledge and skills with our POS system, Vendor programs including Marvin OMS and Weathershield Onesource, and Microsoft and Google programs.
Must be able to perform operator functions of our phone system.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will regularly:
- Sit or stand for extended periods
- Converse with people in person and by phone
- Use a computer
- Bend and kneel occasionally, walk on uneven ground, walk upstairs, lift up to 20 pounds occasionally, work inside or outside
Able to work closely with others in a team environment, work within deadlines and time constraints, work with demanding people or stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude
8am to 5:00pm Monday –Friday and some Saturdays 8am-12 noon, overtime will be used as needed. Some training and work activities will take place outside of regular business hours