Job Category: Service & Support
Job Location: Berkeley
This position is responsible for travelling to job sites and homes to provide service for doors and windows. This may include pre-sale billable services such as evaluating and measuring existing conditions, post-sale billable services such as product adjustments or modifications as well as non-billable work covered by Truitt and White. The successful service technician has excellent product knowledge, installation and customer service skills, and works well as an effective member of the service department and millwork sales team. They must follow all documented and verbal guidelines and procedures.
Product Knowledge, Accurate, Basic Computer use, Mechanical and Woodworking, Verbal and Written Communication, Time Management, Customer Service, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Dependability, Flexibility, Accountability, Punctuality, Relationship Building, Teaching
- Review customer service requests for preliminary job evaluation
- Travel to job sites to perform billable services, evaluate and diagnose issues and repair products
- Complete written reports and photo documentation of field service findings
- Maintain service vehicle, tools and parts inventory
- Effectively utilize online resources to identify parts and enter field reports
- May need to provide support/coverage to the Service Coordinator role as needed
- Perform additional duties as required or requested
- Communicate with customer if service will be chargeable and at what rate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet or perform the following essential requirements.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Work Experience: Experience in window and door repair or related experience in the construction industry, such as finish carpentry, trim carpentry, cabinet maker, furniture maker or repair, molding and trim work, woodworking, millwork, finisher/painter/stainer preferred
- Computer skills: Required: Ability to use email, calendar and maps. Ability to use the Truitt and White Service Request form to attach pictures, videos and documents and to update notes including parts to be ordered and next steps. Ability to use Marvin browser based MOS and Online Docs. Preferred: Ability to use Marvin OMS and Bistrack.
- Communication Skills: Proficient in English reading, writing and speaking and uses professional business grammar, can communicate in a friendly helpful demeanor, fluent in Spanish is a plus. Good listening skills.
- Math Skills: add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals in all units of measure and compute rates, ratios and percents
- Reasoning Skills: Use common sense to fulfill the job requirements, carry out instructions and evaluate information and when problem solving.
- Physical Demands: Able to sit or stand for extended periods, converse with people both in person and on the phone and computer inside or outside, bend and kneel occasionally, walk on uneven terrain, ride in and/or drive a car, lift up to 75# occasionally, climb stairs, reach and grasp, be around noisy equipment, work on a computer
- Licenses: Current Class C California Driver’s License, maintain an insurable driving record
- Mental/Emotional Demands: Able to work closely with others in a team environment, can handle upset individuals with a positive attitude, able to multitask, work within deadlines and time constraints
- Training: Some ongoing product training will be required that may require going to a Supplier or outside source. In house training is also done on a timely basis and may require mandatory after hour meetings.
Fill Out the Form to Apply
Fill out the form below or email your resume to [email protected]